Warning Notice Served to Mr. A.M. Masum, Head of Chambers, the Lawyers & Jurists to Stop Using the Materials of www.clcbd.org illegally
Dear Mr. A.M. Masum,
Greetings from Chancery Research and Consultants Trust (CRC-Trust), which is the research wing of Chancery Chambers, incorporated formally in January 1972 as a registered partnership between Nazmul Huda, Bar at Law, Senior Lawyer & Advocate of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and Mrs. Sigma Huda, Senior Lawyer & Advocate of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
This research wing CRC-Trust has developed the first ever online Database of Bangladesh Laws [ www.clcbd.org ], where former Chief Justice Mustafa Kamal holds the position of the Chief Adviser and former Justice of the Appellate Division Mr. Kazi Ebadul Hoque is the Editor-in-Chief and Advisor.
Our website is duly registered with the copyright authority of Bangladesh and thus enjoys copyright protection under national and international law. We have not yet assigned anybody to use our resources for commercial purposes or for any other reasons without our prior permission. Only for this reason, we offer a very nominal promotional fee of membership.
However, we have noticed with serious concern that you, as the Head of the Chamber, have also been maintaining a website [ http://resources.lawyersnjurists.com/ ], where you have uploaded many of our copyright protected resources without our permission. You did not even show the minimum courtesy of acknowledging our contribution. You are trying to enjoy the fruits of our restless labour which we have been developing for the last twelve years with an investment of huge amount of money.
We understand and traced how you collected all these resources from our website and the tricks you applied to do so in this regard. This is a clear violation of the ownership of our copyright and your act is a punishable offence under the provisions of the Copyright Act, 2000 and the Information and Communication Technology Act, 2006 of Bangladesh. We have preserved sufficient relevant evidences with us in favour of our claim.
In your website, you are claiming that-
When integrity and sincerity osculate each other, success is must. Mr. A.M. Masum is one of the perfect examplenary persons who has shown such audacity to bridge sincerity and integrity, therefore he has met the outcome- a respectable position- in the atmosphere of legal practitioners of the country. It would be an audacity to add any adjective like superb or extraordinary brilliance. [ http://lawyersnjurists.com/about-us/128 ] [ http://www.lawyersnjurists.com/our-lawyers ]
Since you claim that you are a sincere person with integrity, we request you to please remove all these materials which you collected from our website in three (03) days i.e. by July 30, 2011. If not possible, down the site with words like "THIS SITE IS DOWN FOR MAINTENANCE" or "MAINTENANCE GOING ON" until you finish removing these materials.
Simultaneously, you and all your are hereby advised to refrain from using these aforesaid materials in future in any way, manner or medium without taking our prior permission. We further request you to please instruct all your past, present and future associate lawyers to be careful about this aforesaid matter to avoid legal consequences where you will obviously be a party.
In the event of your failure to comply with the above by July 30, 2011, we will initiate appropriate legal action against you in Court of Law and in Bangladesh Bar Council and in that event you will be held liable for all cost and consequences thereof.
A copy of this Notice is kept in my office, Chancery Chambers for future use and reference, if any. Also a copy of this Notice is shared in your website, in Facebook, with your website developer, some of our friends and clients in Judiciary, practicing lawyers of Supreme Court, Bangladesh Bar Council, university teachers, journalists, NGO activists, police officer and Barrister Khaled Hamid Chowdhury, who is one of your principal advisors and who is also the first registered paid subscriber of our website.
Md. Ershadul Karim,
LLB (Hons.) LLM (University of Dhaka), LLB (Hons.) [University of London]
Advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court
Editor, Chancery Law Chronicles
Senior Research Officer, Chancery Research and Consultants (CRC-Trust)
Suite# 1101, Concord Tower, 11th Floor
113, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue,
Phone- 880 2 933 64 50, 880 2 933 64 51
Cell- 880- 1819 263 113
- Sadharan Bima Corporation, Sadharan Bima Bhaban, 33, Dilkusha Commercial Area, Dhaka and another Vs. Messrs Ahad Jute Mills Ltd. and others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, May 18, 2016
- Ahmad Ullah Vs. Md. Younus and Ors, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Sunday, February 5, 2017
- A.H. Azam Khan Vs. Bangladesh and Ors, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- RNR GNG Refuelling and Filling Station Limited Vs. General Manager, Comilla Palli Bidyut Samittee-1 and Others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Khulna Printing and Packaging Limited Vs. Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Tariqul Islam Vs. Bangladesh and Others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Hafizur Rahman Vs. Abdur Rahman Miah and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 6, 2017
- Yeamin Nobi (Md.) and others Vs. Moklesur Rahman and others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, September 26, 2016
- State Vs. Md. Golam Rabbani, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Ali Ahsan Muhammad Mujahid Vs. The Government of Bangladesh, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Sunday, December 6, 2015
- Nurun Nabir Sarker Vs. Secretary, Ministry of Education and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Abdul Hamid Chowdhury (Iqbal) and Others Vs. Artha Rin Adalat and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Hazi Abdul Late Vs. Abu Naseruddin and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- City Vegetable Oil Mills Ltd Vs. Commissioner, Customs, Excise & Vat and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Turfatur Ain Chowdhury Vs. Artha Rin Adalat Dhaka and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Saturday, March 4, 2017