About Chancery Law Chronicles (CLC)
Chancery Law Chronicles (CLC) [www.clcbd.org], the first online legal database in Bangladesh to publish comprehensive verdicts of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh, is an initiative of the Research Division of Chancery Chambers, one of the leading houses of legal practitioners in Bangladesh.
The website, first of its kind in Bangladesh, was inaugurated on August 28, 2008 by the former Chief Justice of Bangladesh and former Chairman of Bangladesh Law Commission, Justice Mustafa Kamal with presence of former Justice of the Appellate Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and Chairman, Bangladesh Press Council, Justice Kazi Ebadul Hoque and former Justice of the High Court Division of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh and President, Administrative Appellate Tribunal, Justice Gour Gopal Saha.
CLC contains more than 8,000 judgments, accessible via multiple parameters search engine. At the moment, CLC team is working to upgrade the existing search engine in order to make it more user-friendly and increase search parameters.
CLC has included special segments, namely Landmark Judgments, Sensational Judgment and Public Interest Litigation and incorporated the popularly labelled names of those cases as tags, in addition to various legal dictionaries, e.g. Judicial Dictionary (definitions and explanations for words or phrases given by the Supreme Court of Bangladesh), Legislative Dictionary (terms which are defined in different statutes), Glossary (definition and explanation of terms which are not English or Latin), etc., for the convenience of users.
The laws of Bangladesh are being compiled with the following headings: Salient Parent Laws (Act, Order and Ordinance), Parent Laws Enacted (from 2009) (Act, Order and Ordinance), Subordinate Legislation (Rules, Regulations, bye-laws, notification and other SROs), International Treaties and Agreements (Ratified/ Acceded/ Signed by Bangladesh Government), Drafted Laws, Translated laws, Policies of the Government of Bangladesh, Repealed Laws, Bills Passed by Parliament, Reports of Law Commission.
In addition, CLC is developing additional contents including forms (everyday forms having legal importance), directory (a list of useful web links or addresses of different law firms, organizations, statutory bodies, ministries and government departments, universities etc), journal, user guide, legal career section (where employers can list vacancies to attract job seekers), guest book, blog, FAQs etc.
CLC, through this database and its services, has successfully attracted the attention of people from all strata since its very inception. Beside this, CLC is also maintaining partnership with LexisNexis (“LN”), a division of Reed Elsevier Inc., a Massachusetts corporation and the world's largest legal service provider on internet.
- Mukleshur Rahman (Md.) Vs. Artha Rin Adalat, Narayanganj and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, September 6, 2017
- Sadharan Bima Corporation, Sadharan Bima Bhaban, 33, Dilkusha Commercial Area, Dhaka and another Vs. Messrs Ahad Jute Mills Ltd. and others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, May 18, 2016
- Ahmad Ullah Vs. Md. Younus and Ors, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Sunday, February 5, 2017
- A.H. Azam Khan Vs. Bangladesh and Ors, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- RNR GNG Refuelling and Filling Station Limited Vs. General Manager, Comilla Palli Bidyut Samittee-1 and Others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Khulna Printing and Packaging Limited Vs. Government of the People's Republic of Bangladesh, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Tariqul Islam Vs. Bangladesh and Others, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Hafizur Rahman Vs. Abdur Rahman Miah and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 6, 2017
- Yeamin Nobi (Md.) and others Vs. Moklesur Rahman and others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, September 26, 2016
- State Vs. Md. Golam Rabbani, 2016, 45 CLC (HCD) Saturday, March 11, 2017
- Ali Ahsan Muhammad Mujahid Vs. The Government of Bangladesh, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Sunday, December 6, 2015
- Nurun Nabir Sarker Vs. Secretary, Ministry of Education and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 8, 2017
- Abdul Hamid Chowdhury (Iqbal) and Others Vs. Artha Rin Adalat and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- Hazi Abdul Late Vs. Abu Naseruddin and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Monday, March 13, 2017
- City Vegetable Oil Mills Ltd Vs. Commissioner, Customs, Excise & Vat and Others, 2015, 44 CLC (HCD) Wednesday, March 8, 2017